Recently completed Fellowship in Vitreoretinal Surgery at Aravind Eye Hospital, Pondicherry, India which includes examination, establishing diagnosis and management of retinal diseases, performed various surgical and
non-surgical ophthalmic procedures. My areas of interest are Age related macular degeneration and Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy and further plans to carry out clinical interventional research in ARMD.
Working as a Vitreoretinal surgery fellow at Aravind Eye Hospital, India includes :
- Examination and treatment of 50 day Retina & vitreous outpatients independently and under supervision.
- Complete work up of the inhouse patients with pre-operative evaluation and preparation, intra-operative assistance, post-operative management and periodic follow ups.
- Rapid assessment and response to different ophthalmic emergencies.
- Discussion various treatment options extensively with patient and families
3000 laser photocoagulations procedures, >30 intravitreal injections/ week and interpretation of Spectral domain –OCT, fundus fluorescein angiography, Electrophysiological tests-ERG –full field, multifocal &
pattern ERG & EOG.
- 200 Vitreoretinal surgical procedures including Scleral buckling, 23G/25G Pars Plan Vitrectomy, Diabetic vitrectomy ,Pars Plana Lensectomy, Scleral fixated intraocular lens, IOL exchange, Cryotherapy.